Monday, August 3, 2020

Mesonet at SD State Eagle Butte realtime weather web widget


The Corson, Dewey, Meade, Perkins & Ziebach County FSA offices would like to keep you informed of the following items important to USDA programs.  If you have any questions please contact the Corson County office at 605-273-4506 ext 2, Dewey County office at 865-3522 ext 2, Meade County at 347-4952 ext 2, Perkins at 244-5222 ext 2 or Ziebach County at 365-5179.

Dates to remember:

Notice ofLoss:  Report loss within 15 days of occurrence all crops and grasses

Livestock losses:  File Notice of Loss the earlier of 30 calendar days of when the loss was apparent  

July 29- Signup begins for market facilitation program

September 3 – Signup begins for arc-plc enrollment for 2019 

October 1 – Signup begins for 2020 arc-plc 

October 14 – Office closed in observance of Columbus Day

November 11 – Office closed Veteran’s Day

November 15 – Deadline to report fall seeded crops

November 28 – Thanksgiving office closed 

November 30 – Deadline to remove bales from crp managed hay acres

December 2 – Last day to return ballots for coc election

December 6 – Last day to signup for market facilitation program

Foreign investors must report agricultural land ownership to USDA

Foreign Investors who buy, sell, or hold an interest in US agricultural land must report their holdings and transactions to the US Secretary of Agriculture.

Who must report:

Foreign Individuals

Foreign Organizations

Foreign Governments

US Organizations – if a significant interest or substantial control is directly or indirectly held by foreign individuals, organizations or governments.

Agricultural Land is land used within the last 5 years for farming, ranching, forestry, or timber production of more than 110 acres in the aggregate

Land exceeding 10 acres in which 10 percent is stocked by trees of any size, including land that formerly had such tree cover and will be naturally or artificially regenerated.  Landholding totaling 10 acres or less in the aggregate if producing annual gross receipts in excess of $1000 from the sale of farm, ranch, forestry or timber production.

Where to Report:  Report to the county office of the Farm Service Agency, USDA, in which the land is located.  Attorneys, real estate brokers, farm managers, banks, holdings companies, and agents can report on behalf of foreign investors.  

For further information please contact your local fsa office.

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender.  To file a complaint of discrimination, write:  USDA, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, DC 20250-9410, or call (866) 632-9992 or (toll-free Customer Service), (800) 877-8339 (local or Federal relay), (866) 377-8642 (Relay voice users).