Monday, August 3, 2020

Mesonet at SD State Eagle Butte realtime weather web widget


The Dewey, Meade, Perkins & Ziebach County FSA offices would like to keep you informed of the following items important to USDA programs.  If you have any questions please contact the Dewey County office at 865-3522 ext 2, Meade County at 347-4952 ext 2, Perkins at 244-5222 ext 2 or Ziebach County at 365-5179 ext 2.    


May 1 to August 1 2016 – Primary Nesting Season (No Activity on CRP unless approved by FSA first)

June 15 to August 1, 2016– Accepting nominations for county committee election

July 15, 2016 – Acreage Reporting Deadline for 2016 Crop Year

July 15, 2016 – Production Evidence Deadline for 2015 NAP and 2015 ARC-IC

August 1, 2016 – 2016 ARCPLC Sign up Deadline

August 1, 2016 – Deadline for 2016 Farm Transfer and Land/Ownership Changes Requests

August 1, 2016 – Deadline to file County Committee election nomination forms at your local office.


Acreage reports must be filed for all cropland on the farm before any 2016 Price Loss Coverage (PLC) or Agricultural Risk Coverage (ARC) payments can be made or before eligibility can be established for marketing assistance loans and Loan Deficiency Payments (LDPs). Participants of the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) and the Non-insured Assistance Program (NAP) must report the specific acreage for which benefits are being requested.

The deadline for submitting a timely filed acreage report for the 2016 crop year is July 15, 2016. Producers are reminded that filing an accurate acreage report for all crops and land uses, including failed acreage and prevented planting acreage, can prevent the loss of benefits for a variety of programs.

Producers who request prevented planting acreage credit must report the acreage and complete a CCC-576, Notice of Loss, within 15 calendar days after the final planting date for the respective crop as established by RMA or FSA. Producers must establish to the satisfaction of the County Committee that all cropland that was feasible to plant and prevented from being planted was affected by a natural disaster rather than a management decision. Additionally, producers are required to prove that preliminary efforts to plant the crop are evident, such as disking the land or orders for purchase or delivery of seed and fertilizer.

Producers requesting failed acreage credit must report the acreage before disposition of the crop to receive credit for that crop. The County Committee must be satisfied that the acreage was planted under normal conditions, but failed as a result of a natural disaster and not a management decision.


Noxious Weeds Are Here: Please be reminded that if you have a CRP contract or are participating in the annual farm program, you are required to protect all cropland and noncropland enrolled in these programs from noxious weeds. CRP contract acres needing weed maintenance treatments must be requested and approved by the county office prior to treatment during the primary nesting season. Don’t delay – be a good neighbor, and avoid any program penalties for non-compliance! Contact our office if you have any questions about these requirements.

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender.  To file a complaint of discrimination, write:  USDA, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, DC 20250-9410, or call (866) 632-9992 or (toll-free Customer Service), (800) 877-8339  (local or Federal relay), (866) 377-8642 (Relay voice users).