Friday, August 14, 2020

Mesonet at SD State Eagle Butte realtime weather web widget


The Dewey, Meade, Perkins & Ziebach County FSA offices would like to keep you informed of the following items important to USDA programs.  If you have any questions please contact the Dewey County office at 865-3522 ext 2, Meade County at 347-4952 ext 2, Perkins at 244-5222 ext 2 or Ziebach County at 365-5179 ext 2.    


May 1 to August 1 2016 – Primary Nesting Season (No Activity on CRP unless approved by FSA first)

July 4, 2016 – office closed in observance of Independence Day

June 15, 2016 – Accepting nominations for county committee election

July 15, 2016 – Acreage Reporting Deadline for 2016 Crop Year

July 15, 2016 – Production Evidence Deadline for 2015 NAP and 2015 ARC-IC

August 1, 2016 – 2016 ARCPLC Sign up Deadline

August 1, 2016 – Deadline for 2016 Farm Transfer and Land/Ownership Changes Requests

August 1, 2016 – Deadline to file County Committee election nomination forms at your local office.



The deadline to certify your spring planted crops is July 15th, 2016.  All crop acres must be reported with its intended use and who shares in a crop.  All farms that participate in the ARC-PLC program and-or earn CRP payments must certify their acres.  Appointment cards were sent out, if you missed your appointment please call to reschedule as soon as possible.  


If you have a loss on a crop and purchased NAP insurance, you must file a CCC-576, Notice of Loss, in the FSA County Office within 15 days of the occurrence of the disaster or when losses become apparent or 15 calendar days after the normal harvest date.  If you need to take your crop to a different use than what you intended because of a loss, you need to contact us before doing so.  Your 2015 crop production needs to be certified by July 15, 2016 as well.


The deadline to sign your CCC-861 for program year 2016 is August 1 2016.   We have been completing these forms when during acreage reporting.  Some of you had these forms mailed to you.  Please sign and return promptly if you have not already done so.  If you have not signed your contract yet or if you are not sure if you did, contact the office. 


CRP haying or grazing can begin August 2nd 2016.  If you are interested in using your CRP this year, you need to sign up first.  With the new farm bill we had a few changes to the managed haying/grazing provisions.   Most contracts can be hayed every third year or grazed every other year.  Please contact the office to discuss what the options would be on your contract.  If you have noxious weeds present they must be controlled.  If you need to request spot spraying during primary nesting season, do so as soon as possible.  This can be done with a phone call.  


The nomination period is now open for filing form FSA-669A to run for County Committee and must be turned into your local office by August 1, 2016.

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender.  To file a complaint of discrimination, write:  USDA, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, DC 20250-9410, or call (866) 632-9992 or (toll-free Customer Service), (800) 877-8339  (local or Federal relay), (866) 377-8642 (Relay voice users).

You have 4 more free access views left