The Corson, Dewey, Meade, Perkins, and Ziebach County FSA offices would like to keep you informed of the following items important to USDA programs. If you have any questions please contact the Corson County office at 605-273-4506 ext 2, Dewey County office at 865-3522 ext 2, Meade County at 347-4952 ext 2, Perkins at 244-5222 ext 2 or Ziebach County at 365-5179 ext 2.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
NOTICE OF LOSS: REPORT LOSS WITHIN 15 DAYS OF OCCURRENCE ALL CROPS AND GRASSES
LIVESTOCK LOSSES: FILE NOTICE OF LOSS THE EARLIER OF 30 CALENDAR DAYS OF WHEN THE LOSS WAS APPARENT
March 23 – Whip+ signup began
March 30 – CRP Soil Health and Income Protection Program SHIPP signup began
April 1 – CRP Re-Enroll for Continuous contracts
November 15 – Fall Acreage Reporting Deadline for Fall-Seeded Small Grains
November 20 – CRP Soil Health and Income Protection Program SHIPP signup ends
FSA’s Farm Loans offer opportunities to family-sized farmers and ranchers by providing access to credit for the following purposes:
• Start, improve, expand, transition, market, and strengthen family farming and ranching operations
• Beginning farmers, racial and ethnic minority farmers and women producers
• Value-added, direct sale, organic, and specialty crop operations
• Young People actively involved in agricultural youth organizations needing financial assistance for income-producing, educational, agricultural projects
• Urban farmers and roof-top producers
• Operations using alternative farming methods such as hydroponics, aeroponics, vertical farming, and freight container farming
Call or stop by your local FSA County office for more information and/or to apply. Or go to www.fsa.usda.gov for more information/details.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender. To file a complaint of discrimination, write: USDA, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, DC 20250-9410, or call (866) 632-9992 or (toll-free Customer Service), (800) 877-8339 (local or Federal relay), (866) 377-8642 (Relay voice users).