Sunday, January 23, 2022

Mesonet at SD State Eagle Butte realtime weather web widget

U.S. Department of Agriculture/Farm Service Agency News

The Corson, Dewey, Meade, Perkins & Ziebach County FSA offices would like to keep you informed of the following items important to USDA programs. If you have any questions, please contact the following offices at:

• Corson County FSA: 605-273-4506 Ext. 2

• Dewey County FSA: 605- 865-3522 Ext. 2 

• Meade County FSA: 605-347-4952 Ext. 2

• Perkins County FSA: 605-244-5222 Ext. 2 

• Ziebach County FSA: 605- 365-5179 Ext. 2.

FSA County Offices are open for business by Phone Appointment Only! The service center remains closed for visitors, but we will continue to work with producers by Phone and Digital Tools Like Microsoft Teams, Box and One Span and emails. 




• December 31, 2021 – Service Center Closed in Observance of New Year’s 

• January 30, 2022 – Livestock Forage Program Signup Ends

• January 31, 2022 – ELAP Assistance for Feed Transportation Costs Signup Ends For Transportation Costs incurred above normal from May 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021

• March 15, 2022- Final date to complete new elections in ARCPLC

• March 15, 2022 – Final date to enroll in ARCPLC

ELAP Feed Transportation dates and deadlines

To be eligible for Feed Transportation assistance the feed transported above normal is eligible.  In Dewey and Ziebach County the feed transported above normal from May 1, 2021 through December 3, 2021 is eligible, this date may vary between counties as the eligibility date is based on the same criteria as LFP.  The final date to apply for assistance for 2021 transportation costs is January 31, 2022.

Because of the ongoing drought, feed transported above normal from January 1, 2022 through April 14, 2022 is also eligible.  Feed transported in 2022 would require a separate ELAP application.  

Applying for NAP payments

The Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) provides financial assistance to you for crops that aren’t eligible for crop insurance to protect against lower yields or crops unable to be planted due to natural disasters including freeze, hail, excessive moisture, excessive wind or hurricanes, flood, excessive heat and qualifying drought (includes native grass for grazing), among others.

In order to participate, you must obtain NAP coverage for the crop year by the applicable deadline using form CCC-471 “Application for Coverage” and pay the service fee. Application closing dates vary by crop. Producers are also required to submit an acceptable crop acreage report. Additionally, NAP participants must provide:

• The quantity of all harvested production of the crop in which the producer held an interest during the crop year

• The disposition of the harvested crop, such as whether it is marketable, unmarketable, salvaged or used differently than intended.

• Acceptable crop production records (when requested by FSA)

Producers who fail to report acreage and production information for NAP-covered crops could see reduced or zero NAP assistance. These reports are used to calculate the approved yield.

If your NAP-covered crops are affected by a natural disaster, notify your FSA office by completing Part B of form CCC-576 “Notice of Loss and Application for Payment.” This must be completed within 15 calendar days of the occurrence of the disaster or when losses become apparent or 15 days of the final harvest date. For hand-harvested crops and certain perishable crops, you must notify FSA within 72 hours of when a loss becomes apparent.

To receive benefits, you must also complete Parts D, E, F and G of the CCC-576 “Notice of Loss and Application for Payment” within 60 days of the last day of coverage for the crop year for any NAP covered crops. The CCC-576 requires acceptable appraisal information. Producers must provide evidence of production and note whether the crop was marketable, unmarketable, salvaged or used differently than intended.

Eligible crops must be commercially produced agricultural commodities for which crop insurance is not available, including perennial grass forage and grazing crops, fruits, vegetables, mushrooms, floriculture, ornamental nursery, aquaculture, turf grass, ginseng, honey, syrup, bioenergy, and industrial crops.

For more information on NAP, contact your local USDA Service Center at [or visit

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender. To file a complaint of discrimination, write: USDA, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, DC 20250-9410, or call (866) 632-9992 or (toll-free Customer Service), (800) 877-8339 (local or Federal relay), (866) 377-8642 (Relay voice users).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *