Saturday, September 18, 2021

Mesonet at SD State Eagle Butte realtime weather web widget

U.S. Department of Agriculture/Farm Service Agency News

The Corson, Dewey, Meade, Perkins,  Ziebach County FSA offices would like to keep you informed of the following items important to USDA programs.  If you have any questions, please contact the following offices at:

• Corson County FSA: 605-273-4506 Extension 2

• Dewey County FSA: 605- 865-3522 Extension 2 

• Meade County FSA: 605-347-4952 Extension 2

• Perkins County FSA: 605-244-5222 Extension 2 

• Ziebach County FSA: 605- 365-5179 Extension 2.

FSA County Offices are open for business by Phone Appointment Only!  The service center remains closed for visitors, but we will continue to work with producers by Phone and Digital Tools Like Microsoft Teams, Box and One Span and emails. 




August 31, 2021 – Final day of 2021 CRP Non-emergency and emergency haying and grazing. 

September 6, 2021 – Service Center Closed in observance of Labor Day

September 15, 2021 – CRP Non-Emergency hay bales must be removed

September 30, 2021 – CRP Emergency Haying Deadline

October 15, 2021 CRP Emergency Hay bales must be removed

January 30, 2022 – Livestock Forage Program Signup Ends

Change to policy on filing a aotice of loss for Grazed 

Forage Producers with NAP Coverage 

For the 2021 and subsequent crop years, NAP forage producers with the intended use of grazing who elect to use independent assessments or other approved alternative loss percentage methods to establish their loss are no longer required to file a CCC-576 Notice of Loss with FSA. However, a CCC-576 Application for Payment form must be submitted to FSA no later than 60 calendar days after the coverage period ends. Producers that elect to have the grazing loss determined using similar mechanically harvested units still must timely file a CCC-576 Notice of Loss within 15 days of the disaster event or damage to the crop first becomes apparent or within 15 days of harvest.

FSA Outlines MAL and LDP Policy 

The 2018 Farm Bill extends loan authority through 2023 for Marketing Assistance Loans (MALs) and Loan Deficiency Payments (LDPs). MALs and LDPs provide financing and marketing assistance for wheat, feed grains, soybeans, and other oilseeds, pulse crops, rice, peanuts, cotton, wool and honey. MALs provide you with interim financing after harvest to help you meet cash flow needs without having to sell your commodities when market prices are typically at harvest time lows. A producer who is eligible to obtain a loan, but agrees to forgo the loan, may obtain an LDP if such a payment is available. Marketing loan provisions and LDPs are not available for sugar and extra-long staple cotton. FSA is now accepting requests for 2021 MALs and LDPs for all eligible commodities after harvest. Requests for loans and LDPs shall be made on or before the final availability date for the respective commodities. Commodity certificates are available to loan holders who have outstanding nonrecourse loans for wheat, upland cotton, rice, feed grains, pulse crops (dry peas, lentils, large and small chickpeas), peanuts, wool, soybeans and designated minor oilseeds. These certificates can be purchased at the posted county price (or adjusted world price or national posted price) for the quantity of commodity under loan, and must be immediately exchanged for the collateral, satisfying the loan. MALs redeemed with commodity certificates are not subject to Adjusted Gross Income provisions. To be considered eligible for an LDP, you must have form CCC-633EZ, Page 1 on file at your local FSA Office before losing beneficial interest in the crop. Pages 2, 3 or 4 of the form must be submitted when payment is requested. Marketing loan gains (MLGs) and loan deficiency payments (LDPs) are no longer subject to payment limitations, actively engaged in farming and cash-rent tenant rules. Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) provisions state that if your total applicable three-year average AGI exceeds $900,000, then you’re not eligible to receive an MLG or LDP. You must have a valid CCC-941 on file to earn a market gain of LDP. The AGI does not apply to MALs redeemed with commodity certificate exchange. For more information and additional eligibility requirements, contact local Count USDA Service Center or visit

Maintaining the Quality of Farm-Stored Loan Grain 

Bins are ideally designed to hold a level volume of grain. When bins are overfilled and grain is heaped up, airflow is hindered, and the chance of spoilage increases. If you take out marketing assistance loans and use the farm-stored grain as collateral, remember that you are responsible for maintaining the quality of the grain through the term of the loan. 

Unauthorized Disposition of Grain Results in Financial Penalties

If loan grain has been disposed of through feeding, selling or any other form of disposal without prior written authorization from the county office staff, it is considered unauthorized disposition. The financial penalties for unauthorized dispositions are severe and your name will be placed on a loan violation list for a two-year period. Always call before you haul any grain under loan.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *