Saturday, September 18, 2021

Mesonet at SD State Eagle Butte realtime weather web widget

U.S. Department of Agriculture/Farm Service Agency News

The Corson, Dewey, Meade, Perkins,  Ziebach County FSA offices would like to keep you informed of the following items important to USDA programs.  If you have any questions, please contact the following offices at:

• Corson County FSA: 605-273-4506 Extension 2

• Dewey County FSA: 605- 865-3522 Extension 2 

• Meade County FSA: 605-347-4952 Extension 2

  Perkins County FSA: 605-244-5222 Extension 2 

  Ziebach County FSA: 605- 365-5179 Extension 2.

FSA County Offices are open for business by Phone Appointment Only!  The service center remains closed for visitors, but we will continue to work with producers by Phone and Digital Tools Like Microsoft Teams, Box and One Span and emails. 




July 12, 2021 – CRP Grassland enrollment signup began

August 2, 2021 – First day CRP Non-Emergency and Emergency haying and Non-emergency grazing can begin 

August 20, 2021 – Deadline to submit CRP Grassland offers

August 31, 2021 – Final day of 2021 CRP Non-emergency and emergency haying and grazing.  

Ziebach County ECP (Emergency Conservation Program) signup begins June 24, 2021 and ends August 23, 2021, Contact the Ziebach County Office for more information.


Ziebach County Farm Service Agency announces 

Roxie Stambach’s Retirement

After 40 plus years, Roxie Stambach has retired from the Ziebach County FSA Office effective August 14, 2021.   Roxie began her employment with ASCS/CSFA/FSA in 1981.  Roxie was first hired as a temporary employee, in 1983 Roxie was hired as a permanent employee. Roxie has been an integral part of the Ziebach County FSA Office for over 40 years and she will be missed by the staff and producers.  Congratulations Roxie, we wish you all the best!

USDA announces dates for Conservation Reserve 

Program Grasslands 

Signups Agricultural producers and landowners in STATE can apply for the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) Grasslands signup from today until August 20. This year, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) updated signup options to provide greater incentives for producers and increased the program’s conservation and climate benefits, including setting a minimum rental rate and identifying two national priority zones.

The CRP Grassland signup is competitive, and USDA’s Farm Service Agency (FSA) will provide for annual rental payments for land devoted to conservation purposes.

Grasslands Signup

CRP Grasslands helps STATE landowners and operators protect grassland, including rangeland, and pastureland and certain other lands, while maintaining the areas as working grazing lands. Protecting grasslands contributes positively to the economy of many regions, provides biodiversity of plant and animal populations, and provides important carbon sequestration benefits.

FSA has updated the Grasslands Signup to establish a minimum rental rate of $15 per acre, which will benefit 1,300 counties. To focus on important wildlife corridors, FSA also identified National Grassland Priority Zones, providing extra incentives to producers for enrolling grasslands in important migratory corridors and environmentally sensitive areas – the Greater Yellowstone Elk Migration Corridor and the Severe Wind Erosion – Dust Bowl Zone. Counties within these two zones get extra ranking points as well as $5 added to their rental rate. The CRP Grasslands Ranking Factors fact sheet has additional information.

How to Sign Up

To enroll in the CRP Grasslands signup, producers and landowners should contact USDA by the August 20 deadline. Service Center staff continue to work with agricultural producers via phone, email, and other digital tools. Because of the pandemic, some USDA Service Centers are open to limited visitors. Contact your Service Center to set up an in-person or phone appointment. Additionally, more information related to USDA’s response and relief for producers can be found at

More Information on CRP

Signed into law in 1985, CRP is one of the largest voluntary private-lands conservation programs in the United States. It was originally intended to primarily control soil erosion and potentially stabilize commodity prices by taking marginal lands out of production.

Change to Policy on Filing a Notice of Loss for Grazed Forage 

Producers with NAP Coverage

For the 2021 and subsequent crop years, NAP forage producers with the intended use of grazing who elect to use independent assessments or other approved alternative loss percentage methods to establish their loss are no longer required to file a CCC-576 Notice of Loss with FSA. However, a CCC-576 Application for Payment form must be submitted to FSA no later than 60 calendar days after the coverage period ends.

Producers that elect to have the grazing loss determined using similar mechanically harvested units still must timely file a CCC-576 Notice of Loss within 15 days of the disaster event or damage to the crop first becomes apparent or within 15 days of harvest.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *