Saturday, June 19, 2021

Mesonet at SD State Eagle Butte realtime weather web widget

U.S. Department of Agriculture/Farm Service Agency News

The Corson, Dewey, Meade, Perkins, and Ziebach County FSA offices would like to keep you informed of the following items important to USDA programs.  If you have any questions please contact the Corson County office at 605-273-4506 ext 2, Dewey County office at 865-3522 ext 2, Meade County at 347-4952 ext 2, Perkins at 244-5222 ext 2 or Ziebach County at 365-5179 ext 2. FSA County Offices are open for business by Phone Appointment Only!  The service center remains closed for visitors, but we will continue to work with producers by Phone and Digital Tools Like Microsoft Teams, Box and One Span and emails.




April 5, 2021 – CFAP 2 reopens for signup

May 31, 2021- Last day to get a Marketing Assistance Loan for 2020 corn, soybeans and other oilseeds, and grain sorghum

July 15, 2021 – Last day to report 2021 Acreage Reports and NAP 2020 Production

Ungraded Wool LDP for April 8, 2021 thru April 13, 2021 is .40  

 Disaster Assistance for 2021 Livestock Forage Losses

Producers in Butte, Campbell, Corson, Dewey, Edmunds, Harding, McPherson, Meade, Perkins, Potter, Walworth and ZiebachCounty are eligible to apply for 2021 Livestock Forage Disaster Program (LFP) benefits on native pasture, improved pasture, annual ryegrass

LFP provides compensation if you suffer grazing losses for covered livestock due to drought on privately owned or cash leased land or fire on federally managed land. 

County committees can only accept LFP applications after notification is received by the National Office of qualifying drought or if a federal agency prohibits producers from grazing normal permitted livestock on federally managed lands due to qualifying fire.  

You must complete a CCC-853 and the required supporting documentation no later than January 30, 2022, for 2021 losses. 

We will be taking applications by appointment only and please watch the mail as we will be providing information on acreage reporting and applying for LFP.  

For additional information about LFP, including eligible livestock and fire criteria, contact the County USDA Service Center listed above or visit

ELAP Covers Losses from Additional Cost of Transporting Water to Livestock 

If you’ve incurred additional operating costs for transporting water to livestock due to an eligible drought, assistance may be available to you through the Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees and Farm-Raised Fish Program (ELAP).

An eligible drought means that part or all of your county is designated D3 (extreme drought) or higher as indicated by the U.S. Drought Monitor. 

Eligible livestock must be adult or non-adult dairy cattle, beef cattle, buffalo and beefalo, as well as alpacas, deer, elk, emus, equine, goats, llamas, reindeer, or sheep. Additionally, the livestock must have been owned 60 calendar days prior to the beginning of the drought and be physically located in the county designated as a disaster area due to drought. Adequate livestock watering systems or facilities must have existed before the drought occurred and producers are only eligible if they do not normally transport water to the livestock.

Livestock that were or would have been in a feedlot are not eligible for transporting water. ELAP covers the additional cost of transporting water and does not cover the cost of the water itself. 

You must file a notice of loss on form CCC-851 the earlier of 30 calendar days of when the loss is apparent to you or by Jan. 31, 2022.  Additionally, the deadline to submit an application for payment for 2020 ELAP assistance is Jan. 31, 2022.

You’ll have to provide documentation to FSA that shows the method used to transport the water, the number of gallons of water transported and the number of eligible livestock to which water was transported.

Please call the office for an appointment at the above telephone listing for your county office.

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender.  To file a complaint of discrimination, write:  USDA, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, DC 20250-9410, or call (866) 632-9992.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *