Hi, my name is Stevie Pesicka. I am a former employee of the Cheyenne-Eagle Butte School system.
I would like to inform all parents, grandparents and guardians that the school, mostly the primary side is FULL of mold.
Other areas may include portions of the school where there have been leaks from rain and snow.
I am so concerned for ALL the students and staff that are at the school on a daily basis.
Long-term exposure to mold can cause SERIOUS health conditions.
1. Chronic sinus problems: ninety percent of chronic nasal problems can be traced back to mold.
2. Nosebleeds: noticeable most in children who don’t normally get nosebleeds.
3. Hypersensitivity Pnuemonitis: a result of inflamation of the lungs due to breathing impurities.
4. Mold-induced asthma: the mayo clinic notes that people with asthma need to have an emergecy plan as reasctions can be SEVERE. Even if you do not have asthma, airborne fungus can cause breathing probkems like wheezing, shortness of breath or other respitory ailments.
5. Skin infections: a mold called sporothix schencki can cause a skin infection called sporotrichosis, which can be caused by mold entering the body through a puncture wound. Once contracted by a human, it can cause a skin bump with can become infected over time.
6. Neurological problems: extreme health radio details a case of a person that suffered mold toxicity which affected her brain in a major way. The neurotoxicity wasn’t responding to standard meds. The case report also noted that the patient lost motor and cognitive functions. Toxic mold syndrome mimics symptoms of depression and anxiety while leaving an individual listless.
I have turned in three reports to agencies that could possibly assist our school as I don’t feel our students and staff should be exposed to mold AT ALL.
Please parents and guardians, take this under advisement.
Your child is at risk. CONTACT the school and see WHAT they are doing about it.