Pierre, SD – Today, the Help America Vote Act (HAVA) Grant Board held its regular meeting. The meeting included new member announcements and a review of HAVA Grant Applications specifically a review of In-Person Satellite Voting Center Pre-Approval Applications for Buffalo, Dewey and Jackson Counties for the 2018 primary and general elections. Secretary Krebs stated, “I want to thank the Help America Vote Act (HAVA) Grant board members for their dedication to improving ballot access and keeping our county election equipment current.”
All three counties were approved for In-Person Satellite Voting Center Grant Applications by the 7 member HAVA Grant board.
HAVA Grant Board Members:
• Denise DeJong (Yankton) Disability Community Representative
• Kristin Gabriel, Secretary of State’s Office, HAVA Coordinator
• Sheila Hagemann (R) Turner County Auditor
• Bobbi Janke (D) Lake County Auditor
• Cindy Longbrake (D) Ziebach County Auditor
• Bob Litz (R) Minnehaha County Auditor
• David Reiss, South Dakota Department of Tribal Relations
More information regarding the HAVA Grant Board can be found on the Secretary of State’s website.